Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tiny Menagerie sculpture construct...

This is my tiny menagerie made out of polymer clay, craft paper, acrylic paint, and a found box. All of the animals, which include a rabbit, squirrel, whale, and two birds, are painted with white acrylic paint. I thought about painting in details, but I like how the pristine whiteness showed the lines of the sculptures. They are loose and placed in the little shelf decorated with craft paper and acrylic paint. On the back, there is a vintage dictionary page with the word "menagerie" bordered. I made it so it can either hang or be put on a flat surface, just depending on where I place it. I like to move things around in my home often because I think that the eye gets lazy and stops seeing things that have been in one place for too long.

It makes me smile...





1 comment:

paintandink said...

I like them a lot! When I was a kid, I had a porcelain bunny rabbit that I carried around with me as if it were a stuffed animal (weird kid, I know), until, inevitably, it broke, but these sculptures remind me of that bunny and make me feel happy!