Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do you remember "The Dark Crystal" ?

I've been watching tons of old movies lately because we haven't gotten cable yet for our new place. I can't stand reality TV, and this is the only genre available on network stations most of the time, apparently. It seems so pointless most of the time (project runway excluded, of course). I mean, how much plotting and backstabbing for cash can one country stand? Apparently, a lot...

Anyway, I just watched "The Dark Crystal" again - I always forget how much I love this film. I remember watching it as a kid, and I had no idea then how creepy it really is. You should watch it again. You will be surprised at how dark it is. A classic good vs evil plot with wonderful characters and beautiful artistic design. The puppets are breathtaking, and the visual theme of decaying beauty and gilded ugliness is compelling. The ending is sort of ubiquitous, and the duality of dark and light is visited. It reflects the good and bad that exists in all of us. Such an interesting story, and it is so lovely to watch.

I found this mash video on youtube. It's so awesomely 80's

No comments: